There was a time when I was obsessed with BB creams. Thankfully, that phase has passed. So what am I doing buying yet another tube of the stuff? It’s Animetric’s fault really.. 😛 Just kidding. But it was her review of this BB cream that convinced me to get one myself.
These days I am more into taking care of my skin than beautifying (naks!) so I go out with just sunblock, eyebrow pencil and maybe the occasional lip color. Not to say that I have perfect skin that does not need any cover-up, because my skin is pretty far from perfect as it is. I just am too lazy to bother with makeup. 😉 But I have this soft spot for BB creams, so when my office mates decided to buy a tube each (they went for SkinFood Mushroom Multi-care BB Cream) I decided to get one myself. Gaya-gaya lang? 😛 But I got a different BB cream:
It sells for just P328 in TonyMoly stores but since there’s no branch nearby, I had to get mine online. It was cheaper at P299 but with the shipping fee totaled P411, costlier than the SRP by almost a hundred. Oh well. The pitfalls of living in a
backwards town province. 😐
It arrived yesterday and so I used it this morning. So far so good. I can’t say for sure that it’s an exact shade match for me though, kinda depends upon the lighting methinks. But it looks close enough to pass for natural. Here, you be the judge:
My apologies but these are taken with my phone camera on different days and I cannot duplicate the lighting. But you can see the difference, yes? I mean, aside from the lip color (I wore a different lipstick on each photo). I was barefaced save for sunblock on the left photo (why, hello there shiny nose!) and wearing the BB cream on the right (skipped the sunblock though).
My initial impressions:
- Only one kinda light shade available, so lucky me it suited my natural skin tone.
- Very little to no scent or fragrance. At least none that I can detect since I have slight colds at the moment.
- Feels light, like there’s nothing on my face. Truth be told, my sunblock (Belo SunExpert Face Cover SPF40) feels heavier on the skin than this.
- Has a semi-matte / semi-dewy finish.
- Sheer to medium coverage. It managed to tone down the redness on my cheeks and nose, and minimize my old acne marks but is not enough to completely cover them.
- I didn’t set it with powder so it kinda faded around the forehead and temples come lunch time. Then again, I only applied a very thin layer.